At MGDH&PC we will be holding one muster per month, on the 4th Sunday at 9am-3pm of the month but always check the Club Calendar.
Musters are a fantastic opportunity to learn about basic riding or showjumping, dressage, eventing and sporting. Riders are split into “colour groups” based on skill level, which is decided by the Chief Instructor. At the beginning of a muster all riders are to lead their horses on foot to the front of the Clubhouse for the compulsory gear safety check. Your presentation at musters is assessed, checking your tack is clean and you are correctly wearing the uniform. For more information, a break down of the “colour groups” and an explanation of what happens at the musters, click here to read the full list of Muster Rules.
The uniform to be worn at the musters is as follows:
- Mt Gravatt District Horst & Pony Club white and blue polo-shirt (tucked in)
- Approved helmet AS/NZ 3838, ASTM F1163, VG1 or better with an effective chinstrap (any colour)
- Approved polished black or brown top boots, jodhpur boots or jodhpur boots and leather gaiters
- Cream/beige jodhpurs or stockmans pants
- White Mt Gravatt saddle blanket. All tack is expected to be cleaned, and in good working order; the horse clean with mane and tail brushed, and the overall presentation of horse and rider should be neat and tidy.
- A score is usually given for an overall Best Presented Award at our end of year Trophies – Marked as 50% Horse Presentation (Welfare and General Appearance), 25% Rider, 25% Tack.